Friday, June 25, 2004

During a big thunderstorm in White Rock on Thursday...

Advertising woman: Oh no, my cats are just going to be so scared. They hate thunder. My poor babies!
Rob: *scoffs* You know what I'd do with a cat in a thunder and lightning storm? I'd take it outside, staple it to a tin roof and hope for the best.

"You know what I like? Boobs." - Ian

Heather: Let's go to Darby's Pub.
Bruce: Oh sure, we'll walk up there and nobody will come up with us and
we'll be like "Oh they got us with the ol' 'let's go to Darby's Pub gag' and
then instead of going in the pub we'll go to John's knife shop and pick up a
couple of big knives and come back here and say 'hi here are some knives,
it's a peace offering for your little trick. No hard feelings.' Then after
they have the big knives maybe they won't try and trick us again.

It's been an eventful few days - went to Ken's bachelor party on Thursday night in Kits, then didn't get home til 2:00 and had aboot 4 hours of sleep before work, which wasn't cool.

Then tomorrow I'm going to Ken and Jessica's wedding, which should be pretty fun I'd imagine. I met a lot of Ken's Nova Scotia family the other day, and his brother Bruce, from the above quote, is awesome. He's just hilarious.

Tonight we were just drinking in Sean's backyard but I'm just exhausted so I called it a night early. It's been a weird day - I was dead-tired, then pumped because we had a ball game, then pissed off because our game was cancelled, then I was sad after that when i heard some very not-cool news that happened to one of my best friends. Normally, the emotions would've been up and down a bit today, but so far I've been pretty even-keeled, which I suspect has much to do with a lack of sleep and a few beers.

No comments: