Monday, October 06, 2003

Warning, here comes another post about sports. Normally I'd post this in my sports blog but I never know if anyone reads that or not, so I'm posting it here instead.

Being in Peace River with little to no social life to speak of, I've taken to watching playoff baseball. Lots of it. On Saturday I watched 3 games back-to-back-to-back. I normally don't watch a lot of baseball on T.V, only if the Blue Jays or occasionally the Mariners are playing. But this is different. These are the most exciting ball games I've ever witnessed - 9th inning comebacks, one run leads, bases loaded bunts, it's fantastic. Now two of "my teams" are out - the Twins and the A's. But the Cubs are still in it, so I'll keep watching. Hell, if the games keep it up like this I'd watch if it was the Yomiuri Giants vs. Danny Almonte's little league team. But this one article I found describes it perfectly - give it a read if you've been as addicted to the games as i have. Or even if you're just interested in the resurgence of a true American institution - Baseball.

No comments: