Friday, October 03, 2003

I may have mentioned before that my apartment is right down the hill from the highway, just a stones throw away. I can also see, from my living room window, train tracks. Usually, I rarely notice they're there, and despite being next to both the highway and train tracks, it's surprisingly quiet here, especially at night. But not today. Holy crap has it been loud-- Big trucks rumbling down the road, cars screeching, and 6 trains (yes, 6!!!!) It's crazy, and reminded me of some lines from the live version of a Tragically Hip song, Highway Girl.

In between singing parts, Gord Downie shouts out a monologue/story about a girl to the audience.

She got an apartment where the property was cheap
Next to the freeway
She says 'I save lots of money
But l lose lots of sleep
In my apartment
where the property's cheap.'


Whoever that girl in the story is, I know how she feels.


*note: speaking of music, I bought new Dave Matthews today and it's fuckin' rad.

No comments: