Saturday, October 04, 2003

I know I've posted recently about the noise in my apartment. But today there has only been one train and a few police sirens, so nothing major. Until about two hours ago, when a big crow decided to perch itself on a telephone pole about halfway up the hill by my window, just between my apartment and the highway. And the thing with this crow is that HE WON'T SHUT UP! He just sits there cawing away, and just when I think he is going to be quiet, he starts up again.

Caw. Caw.


Thankfully, he has, after close to two hours, just flown away.

And this wasn't some "stately raven of the saintly days of yore" who is gently tapping at my chamber door, Edgar Allen Poe style. This damn bird was driving me insane in a completely different way. In a sort of Mike kind of way - he's just relentless.

This bird, who I named Eng, has taken his human namesake's place on my list of people I despise*. He is my mortal foe.

In the time that it has taken me to write this post, Eng has returned. To a closer pole.

Caw. Caw.

Damn bird.



Note: For those unfamilar with Mike's and my friendship, I don't really despise him.

No comments: