Thursday, July 10, 2003

Weird things are happening to me.

For starters, I've been getting unexpected money from weird places lately. Not that I'm complaining, but it's all a little bit odd. And to add to the weirdness, something else weird happened today.

This morning I had some errands to run - I had to go to the bank and then the mall. When I first got into my car, I noticed that somebody had messed with all my mirrors. I thought that was weird, but I just figured Jeremy messed with them when I wasn't looking. He likes doing that. So that wasn't a big deal. Then I go to the bank, and when I get back in my car to drive away, I take a quick glance at my gas gauge - which I hadn't noticed at first. I had a full tank of gas. I didn't have a full tank before. I didn't put any in myself. On tuesday I was right empty, so I put 10 bucks in the tank, which gave me just under half a tank. How that tank became full is beyond me.

I called around. My dad didn't borrow my car. My mom didn't. Chris didn't. Nobody drove it anywhere. Now either this is some elaborate plot to mess with my head - maybe my dad or Chris did take my car out and they're just denying it. Or maybe some greater force is pulling my strings just for the hell of it:

I can see it now. There's God, maybe after a few too many heavenly Heinekens, calling over to his buddies. "Hey dudes, check out what I'm gonna do to this poor schmuck. This is gonna be wicked!" On second thought, I don't know about that. God probably has better things to do than mess with me.

And he probably doesn't say "dude".

No comments: