Tuesday, July 22, 2003

:: Merritt Mountain Music Festival ::

PART 3: NICKNAMES

Over the course of the week, some people acquired some nicknames that I just felt like mentioning.

Chris: The Show.

Chris got this name after bonging about 15 beers in one day. After doing one, Dave said to him, "People should buy tickets to this, you're a show."

Chris (nickname #2): Bonger.

This guy we met, who himself had a nickname (He introduced himself as "Hayseed"), introduced Chris to everyone as "Bonger".

Jeremy: Tan Jacket.

While wearing the tan coloured cowboy jacket he borrowed from his dad, he did two bongs on Sunday night consisting of a combination of beer, fireball whiskey, and rum and coke. Anyone who saw him do it would always yell "Hey tan jacket" when they saw him around the festival.

Nick: Thumper.

Now let me tell you how this (stupid) name evolved. On Tuesday one of us was reading the festival program and it mentioned a Lumberjack Challenge, in which one event was called Speed Bucking. I thought that whoever said it said "Speed fucking" to which I replied, "Speed fucking? I'd be good at that," simultaneously insulting myself badly for the sake of a laugh, and also giving myself a nickname - Speedfucker. A little while later, the previously mentioned Hayseed showed up and warped the nickname to Sheepfucker, which I didn't really like. Then to spare me anymore embarassment, he retired the name Sheepfucker and renamed me "Thumper" for some reason. It was a better name than the first two, although I unfortunately thumped nothing all week.

No comments: