Tuesday, July 29, 2003

It's hot here. And not just regular hot. Or even fuckin' hot. It's fry-an-egg-on-my-goddamn-forehead hot.

Now, I'm not necessarily complaining, because it's very nice out, but I don't really handle the heat all that well. And as much as I like the beautiful weather, I've come to the conclusion that miserable, cold winters aren't all that bad. I know that may be hard for some people to believe, especially sun-lovers like Melissa, but I like winter. (note: I like Vancouver winters, not necessarily winters north of the Vancouver region)

Anyways, usually when it's this hot I just lie around and don't really take advantage of the summer. It's too hot to do anything is my usual response to anything. But not this year. Nope, by accident or design, I've been doing a lot more summer-ish things than normal. And it's been sweet.

I've been camping in the sun at the Merritt Music Fest and this weekend I'm going rafting. Also, I've done my fair share of beer-drinking on sunny patios. And the other day me and Ian took his dad's air-conditioned car down to Stanley Park for the day and then we went for some beers (Come to think of it, most of my cool summer experiences have involved beer. Oh well, it's probably just a coincedence.) And tommorrow I'm going to a Vancouver Canadians baseball game and I'm going pay seven dollars for three bucks worth of beer while heckling minor league ballplayers from the cheap seats.

Not a bad way to beat the heat if you ask me (and most people do).

Maybe I like summer more than I thought.

No comments: