Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Tony: There's a lot of dirt in this pile.
Me: Well, it's a dirtpile.

Tony:Where is he going? He's supposed to be following us. (yelling about Ian, driving the second truck.)
Me:It's tough for him to follow us since we're behind him.

I work with possibly the dumbest, laziest person I've ever met. His name is Tony, he's in his fifties, and I do not like him.

At all.

Besides dumb comments like the one's above, he did the following things today at work, all on my first day:

1. Told me to put my gear in Ian's truck, despite the fact I wasn't going with him. He insisted I would be going with Ian. I didn't. I went with Tony, as was always the plan.

2. Made stupid comments to me about Ian. He doesn't seem to think Ian is capable of driving a truck, nor operating a lawnmower. What Tony fails to realize is that Ian is a very capable, hard worker, he has been driving for 3 years, and has been operating the lawnmower for over two weeks. And hasn't caused any problems yet. In fact, he's broken less equipment than Tony has.

2a. Made stupid comments to me about Ian. Justified or not, don't make mean comments to me about one of my best friends and expect me not to say anything. Granted, he might not have known we're such good buddies, but when you see us both arrive for work in the same car, assume that we are at least casual acquaintances.

3. Dropped me off at the job site, on Annacis island, and then just left me there! First of all, he was supposed to be working there with me. Instead he just drove around in the truck and "supervised" Ian, because remember, Tony thinks Ian will blow up the lawnmower or something. He left me at the site, with no transportation in case i needed it, from 10 oclock til 4. Well, it should have been 4, but that follows next, under #4.

4. Was late picking me up from the site. Instead of 4:00, he decided to roll up at about 5:20. I wanted badly to hit him in the face with a rake, but I did not.

And for the record, I'm not so much bitching about work as I am making fun of Tony because I think he's an idiot, and he amuses me. The work part, while tough and pretty boring, ain't the end of the world, but that Tony, he's a real piece of work.

No comments: