Sunday, May 11, 2003

Cecil Wood, 1903-1995

I was out in Harrison at my grandparents tonight for a Mother's Day dinner. A lot of the family was there too, it was a pretty good time. But as we were sitting around talking, we realized that yesterday would have been my great-grandfather's birthday. He passed away 8 years ago though, at 92. Yesterday would have been his 100th birthday.

92. Wow, that's a long time. It's not quite the century mark, but it's close, and he had a hell of a run though. To be honest I hadn't really thought much about my great-grandpa lately. Now that's not to suggest that any family member I love or loved is ever far from my mind, but until tonight I just hadn't taken a lot of time lately to think about how great of a person he was.

I miss him, that's all.

No comments: