Sunday, March 23, 2003

"If you cry and bake cakes you can manipulate people." - Melissa

"I'm fuckin' up there dancing with a cheese pie." - Keith Hamilton, Scottish music journalist for MOJO magazine, relaying a quote spoke to him during an interview with some high-as-a-kite drugged up musician.

So we're all back from the journalism conference in New Westminster. It was a pretty fun time - learned a little bit, heard some good stories, especially from the music journalists. I also met Geoff Gauthier, former Omega editor who's now the editor of BCIT's The Link. I have to say that he is one of the coolest guys around. We stayed at my place in Langley, and on saturday night we went into Van and went to The Royal where some band called The Salteens were having a CD release party. It was a good night with a fair bit of drinking. Then on the skytrain ride home we were lucky enough to listen to 2 old drunks arguing about....i don't know what, but man was it funny. The whole conversation went pretty much like this:

Old drunk #1: Fuck you.
Old drunk #2: Ah, why don't cha just shut the fuck up.

Good times, good times.

You can see some photos from the weekend at mike's site, so click here now or you'll be devoured by moths.

The trip home just fuckin' blew. We stopped in Hope but it was too dark to get a picture of me with the pissing bear. It was raining. Then it snowed so hard I couldn't see ANYTHING and I had to drive about 20 km/h blindly. It was pretty scary. But then we stopped in Merritt for ice cream so all was well.

But despite the shittiness of the drive home, the weekend was great, even if my best friends want to paint the walls of their house with my blood.

No comments: