Tuesday, December 22, 2009

:: Pao and Jerome ::

I have lived at my current address for four-and-a-half years. For the first two years, I continously received mail that was addressed to the home's previous owners. For about a year, I forwarded or returned-to-sender as much of it as I could. But after that, I just left most it. I mean, if you can't be bothered to change your address at your own bank or tell your relatives where you now live, well, that's not my problem.

But for the last couple years, it's mostly stopped, with the exception of a few non-important flyer-typer pieces of mail. This week, however, I checked the mailbox and found a Christmas card addressed to James and Shannon, coming from a North Vancouver address. 

In any other year, because it's a Christmas card, I probably would've done the return to sender thing, but, like I said, it's been more than four damn years. Enough is enough.

So not only did I not forward it, or return it, I kept it.

It's mine now.

Now, a lovely snowman-shaped card is sitting on my mantle with the rest of my other Christmas cards (you know, the ones that actually have my name on 'em), from a North Vancouver couple named Pao and Jerome.

I like it because – just judging by their names – it adds a nice bit of ethnic flavour to our Christmas card collection. Christene thinks it's a gay couple, but I'm on the fence – I have no clue is Pao is a male or female name. 

Either way, it sure was awfully nice of them to think of us this holiday season.

No comments: