Monday, December 28, 2009

:: I appreciate this kind of honesty today ::

"I feel like it's a huge waste of time for me to be here." - co-worker from another department, not shy about expressing her opinion on being back to work after Christmas.

Funny, usually it's me complaining loudly and showing off my poor attitude. I think I'm rubbing off on people.

That said, she's absolutely right. Less than half of our employees are working today. Two-thirds of the managers have left early. We have all day tomorrow to finish the projects we're "working on" today, and I've been trying – honest to God, trying - to find things to do, simply to alleviate the boredom. But it's all for naught.

This is even worse than working Christmas Eve, because there's no office wine and nothing to look forward to.

No comments: