Monday, July 06, 2009

:: Not helping ::

It turns out that, despite being a writer who is paid (modestly) to accurately and vividly depict scenes, events and people, I am not very good at it.

I was informed of this today.

BACKGROUND: Early on Sunday morning, Kristyl had her baby - a little girl named Molly. Christene and I went and visited them at the hospital last night, and therefore, when I arrived at work today, everyone wanted to know a) that everything was OK health-wise, and b) did you take any pictures?! Did ya? C'MON WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!?!?! GOD DAMMIT NICK PICTURES!!!"

No, I did not take any pictures. This apparently was a big mistake. I probably could've stolen a baby from the hospital, and that would have been deemed less terrible than forgetting to bring my digital camera.

Apparently the next best option when somebody (an obvious idiot) has forgotten to take a picture, is to describe the baby instead.

"What does she look like?" a co-worker asked, excitedly.

"Umm...she's small...she's a girl... looks like a baby."

This was not deemed an appropriate description. Can't imagine why.

No comments: