Friday, July 17, 2009

:: Drunks say the darndest things ::

"Everybody's first child is an accident." - Christene, doing some serious generalizing.

"So, what are the rules against tickling?" - Rachel, finding a loophole in the UFC handbook.

"Whenever you can stick a beer can up a chicken's butt, you might as well." - Ian, barbecuing.

"Hi, I'm Ian Forbes and I have sour keys." - Ian, making new friends at Funtastic.

"I love being drunk on a Sunday. It's like you're drinking for Jesus." - Bucholtz, at Funtastic.

"I can't relate to anybody in Kamloops. In my program, all the girls are married and have kids. There's this one girl who is 26 and is pregnant with her third kid. I'm 26, and I'm pregnant with my Master's." - Ashleigh, summing up her post-baccalaureate university experience.

"If I'd known life was going to be this fucking hard, I would've drank more." - Melissa, going through a rough patch.

"I will decide when you can die." - Christene, after I joked I'd have a heart attack at 35.

"Before I was pregnant, if a friend suggested on a Friday night that we should just go for coffee, that was it - we're done. I could never be friends with someone like that." - Kristyl, who is no doubt yearning for a boozy night now that little Molly has been born.

No comments: