Wednesday, July 12, 2006

:: Merritt, the Prologue ::

"I might just die this weekend. If I do, you can have my DVDs." - Bucholtz

There are some events - Christmas, for one - where often the anticipation of the event is actually the best part. Not to say Christmas isn't good - it's fantastic - but the whole lead up to it is the funnest part. For me, anyhow.

I wonder if Merritt will be the same way. Granted, there hasn't been much anticipation for me because I only decided two days ago that I would, for sure, go. But even back in the spring, I was always looking forward more to Funtastic than Merritt, as far as the two big summer events go.

Then I wasn't going at all, for a few reasons. Now I am again.

And all day yesterday I was pretty excited. Then today at 9 a.m. I got a "WOOOOO!!!" text message from Kels, and was still jacked. Now, I've been home from work awhile, sat around and mellowed. Surfed the web, talked on msn, watched some tube.

To be honest, I'm pretty relaxed, and not nearly as pumped up as I was, even 12 hours ago.

Buchs heightened the mood considerable around dinner time with a Merritt-related purchase, so hopefully that feeling sticks around.

Let's drink.

In other un-related news, here is Buchs' interpretation of this picture of us, seen below:



"You look shocked in that pic. It's like 'Hey, what's going on? I dunno, I'm so scared right now - Hey where's my sandwich? Did I turn my oven off? Yeah, I did turn the oven off. You know what? I really like warm water penguins...Man is Kyle ever handsome. What was I thinking about? Oh yeah...mmmmm....cheez whiz."

And this is someone I associate with on a regular basis.

Ridiculous, I know.

No comments: