Tuesday, July 18, 2006

:: Merritt, etc... ::

"Who would ever think to get all five of these fruits and then turn them into juice?!" - Amanda, thoroughly impressed with her Five Alive, nursing a hangover one morning in Merritt.

"I just wanna take her clothes off and shut the fuck up." - an old quote from Bucholtz, who was sick of talking to this young'un without getting anywhere.

"Whoa, this is huge. You could have sex in here!" - Amanda, after seeing the size of one of the closets in my room at my new place.

"If I fold the seats down in the Cougar I could have sex with like four people at once." - Kelsey

"I think I'm going to sell the Jeep and buy a horse instead of another car. I bet hay is cheaper than gas." - Amanda

Well, we made it through another Merritt Music Fest.

(Pictures on Kels' site: Click here)

This year's event featured many of the things you've normally come to expect of such an spectacle - boobs everywhere (but not nearly enough, or as many as last year even), serious binge drinking, handjobs in the fairgrounds, and a solid number of random visitors - some pretty cool, others who were pretty big douchebags.

And we brought the Mighty Tent Trailer back for Round 2. Although it'll need repairs if we make an attempt at a Round 3 some day.

All par for the course when you come to MMMF. There were, however, a few slight differences - for one, I mentioned the lack of naked whops compared to previous Merritt's. Also, the band lineup wasn't nearly as good - although Aaron Pritchett kicked ass, as did half the Travis Tritt show I watched before my back hurt to bad for me to stand anymore.

But the biggest difference, for some of us was that we sort of took it easy on the drinking, a rare feat on any day, let alone a four-day outdoor festival in the sun where all there is to do is drink, sit in the river, listen to music and have sex.

But of the three nights we were there, I can really only say I got shitfaced gooned once - one Friday night when most of us skipped the concerts to nurse our crippling addiction to sweet sweet alcohol. That night I was a writeoff, and by all accounts, couldn't stop laughing at nothing all night.

Other people didn't go so hard either - Chris says he didn't, and a few other people mentioned it too. Sure, we all got drunk to some degree in the evenings and late into the night, but there certainly wasn't the same level of daytime shitfacedness. (The kind that begins at breakfast).

There were certainly attempts at that level of drunkness during daylight hours - I know Sean felt pretty damn happy with himself by 2 or 3 o'clock a couple of times, and Bucholtz downed a 40 of Peach Schnapps mixed with orange Gatorade one afternoon too. But it was, dare I say, a lot tamer than last year.

Part of that is my own fault though - I took it easy despite having numerous chances not to. I just was tired and lazy and stuck around the campsite a lot, instead of really trying to wheel this Jessica/Michelle Branch/Molly Hatchett broad, or going dancin' with Kels in the beer gardens at 3 o'clock in the morning because for the love of God she wouldn't quit demanding we go.

Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I missed an opportunity. Next time, maybe.

Still fun though, although I'd still say I had a better time at Funtastic. Drank more there too - which may be why some of us took it slightly easy in Merritt - Enderby was just a few weeks ago, after all.

And now we don't have much time off - Rach's b-day this weekend, Cannon's playoffs the weekend after that, and then August Long is rafting near Princeton.

Jesus Fucking Christ. Get ready liver, you poor, unsuspecting bastard.

No comments: