Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"I'm going to live to see my own death." - my Mom. (Yes, my mom said that. Not Bucholtz. Not Kelsey. Not Amanda. My mom. I'm frightened.)

"I want to have a dog-sized goldfish in a giant room-sized tank. I'd take it out and hug it, feed it cereal." - Aaron, last weekend.

"I'm not fired. You're fired...from me!" - Aaron, on employment tactics.

"I want to stick my cock in you like Wrestlemania." - Dale, repeating a pickup line he heard one of his friends use the weekend before. No word if it worked (But I can guess).

"I gotta do some serious homework when I get home." - Buchs. He hasn't said those words since he was probably 14. Just sounds odd don't it?

"I think it's about time I win the Conn Smythe. I deserve it." - Buchs, while watching the Oilers game with me and Ian at Jimy Mac's.

"Lookin' pretty sharp there. You should wear collared shirts more often. Then you could go to the bar and be like "Hey baby, there's a business meeting in my pants." - Buchs, commenting on my attire since I came to the pub straight from work.

"Because we're human...that, and most of our friends are obnoxious jerks." - Kelsey's answer to my question "Why is there always somebody mad or annoyed with someone else in our group of friends."

For it being a long weekend - or any weekend for that matter - it was definitely a little strange.

Sean and Rach were in the Okanagan visiting family, Kelsey and Amanda were in Kelowna getting alcohol poisoning, and Jer, Ian, Buchs, Lambie and Derrick were in the woods alone, drunk, with a bunch of other men. (Don't worry, I'm assured it's not nearly as homo-erotic as it sounds).

Of the few of us left in the Lower Mainland - Me, Chris, Jenna, and Bobby - most were working, or buying new wheels.

Luckily for me, to counteract the potential boredom was Mike, Melissa, Dale, and his buddy Aaron. It was like a mini college reunion, so it was pretty cool.

I saved my energy Friday, not even leaving the house except to go eat Chinese food. Saturday, however, was a doozy. Had a beer or two in the afternoon, then picked up Mike at the Albion Ferry, and headed into town to Melissa's.

There, we started drinking - maybe not as heavy as we would have in our Kamloops days, but good enough to start with. We had planned on hitting up Mavericks so, as Dale put it, hot half-naked drunk chicks could rub up against us.

However, we realized upon arrival Mike was sans photo ID, as he's currently switching his Driver's Licence back from Alberta to B.C. So we wandered down Kingsway til we found a place that served booze.

And that's where things got pretty rad. My first drinks were all different - rye, rum, beer, caesars, which didn't sit too well in the ol' stomach, but I didn't puke, so that was a bonus. We spent the night constructing one giant straw (with a hook on it!) out of all the little straws; spending all our change on some punching bag arcade game; and standing on chairs to show off new tattoos.

Add in a trip to Tim Horton's on the way home and it was a pretty decent night, capped by us polishing off the rest of the booze when we got home, before crashing at about 3:30 or so.

So what had originally looked like a bummer weekend turned out to be quite a doozy, and I had a pretty wicked time hanging out with people I don't get to see that often.

And I didn't miss you at all.

No comments: