Thursday, January 26, 2006

:: Vegas, Baby! ::

I've come up with a brilliant idea. So brilliant it may just make your head explode.

As many of you already know, Kels is planning on a trip to the Giggle Dam for her birthday, which is March 9. (Everyone should come, by the way).

The Dam is a wicked idea, judging from the one-and-only time I went, which was just before Christmas.

Anyway, what I liked best about the idea was that it wasn't one of the following things: Roosters, Shark's Club, or going out for dinner and then getting plastered at Fort Pub and/or someone's house.

Since we all turned 19, we've done those ideas to death. This is something different while still combining our two true loves - fun, and alcohol.

So, with Kelsey's plan as an inspiration, I started thinking about something I often think about:

How can I one-up Kelsey?

Vegas, baby. That's how.

(Just kidding, I'm not trying to one-up anyone, but her birthday was what got me thinkin'.)

I'll be turning 25 which, in my mind, makes me officially old. That's a quarter-century for Christ's sake.

And I'd like to go out with a bang.

And I haven't been on a vacation in a long, long time. (No Mike, Vulcan, AB does not count). Also, within the next five months I'll most likely being dropping my entire savings account on a townhouse, and from that point on I'll be a poor schmuck with limited funds for social activities such as drinking my face off and making a fool of myself.

So before that happens, I'd like to see what kind of trouble I can get into.

It's single-handedly about the greatest birthday party idea ever. There are already a handful of people on the "Maybe" list - Kels and Ian. And Lambie said he'd be in if we get hookers (Consider it done my friend).

Unlike my thousands of other "brilliant ideas" I come up with but never follow through on, I'm quite serious about this one, and will begin organizing it quick-like. We don't necessarily have to go in April near my birthday, but I don't want to interrupt slo-pitch season.

So, who else is in? Speak now.

And answer Yes.

No comments: