Monday, January 23, 2006

:: Gym Theory ::

Went to the gym tonight after watchin' the Canucks game at Slapshots, and heard this interesting idea being discussed by two 20-something guys lifting weights next to where I was riding the bike.

They were discussing the merits of picking up girls at the gym, and decided that the best idea was to try and meet an average-to-relatively hot girl with "potential", who was maybe not in absolutely peak shape - but not, as one guy put it "without hope."

I'm pretty sure the subject came up because of one girl on the eliptical machine who was pretty attractive - not exactly 105 lbs, but she had some serious guns and was certainly not a "butter face".

Basically, it was these guys' theory that they should go after girls with potential because once they "got real hot" the girl would be out of their league, and the average guy wouldn't have a chance.

And, one guy pointed out, you know they'll get hotter. After all, they're at the gym.

I guess it's called buying low and selling high.

It sounds like the typical thing some guys at the gym (or Kyle and Derrick) would come up with, although I guess it doesn't have be just a slimy guy idea - could work both ways I guess, although I don't know if chicks think like that.

Matter of fact, I rarely know what girls think about anything.

I'm not saying I really agree or disagree with their philosophy, but I thought it was mildly amusing at least and worth a post (especially since I'd gone awhile without one).

Whadda ya think?

No comments: