Sunday, August 21, 2005

Well, here I am in Vulcan, AB. Day 3 of my 19-day holiday extravaganza. Mike and I just got back from a couple days in Calgary - we stayed at his cousin's place (in the darkest, most sound-proof room I've ever been in).

The trip here Friday was actually better than expected - took 11.5 hours to get here, and just under 10 til I was in Calgary. It would've been faster had I not had to make a million pee breaks, but I guess that's to be expected when you drink a large starbucks, bottle of water, bottle of lemonade and a diet pepsi all before 1 p.m. On the brightside though, I did see a bear - near Revelstoke.

Last night we were in Cowtown, and we basically just hung out for awhile - checked out a few stores, went to Reb Lobster for dinner (and had the "Ultimate Feast"), then went and watched Four Brothers, which was awesome. Nothing out of the ordinary, but just a good action-packed flick that really had no boring parts to speak of. Also had a very cool car chase - Mike and I agreed it's one of the best we've seen.

We've also spent some time watching really bad movies, which really isn't that out of the ordinary for us. First off, we watched Evil Alien Conquerers - starring Oswald from The Drew Carey Show, the Mighty Ducks' Fulton Reed, and a uni-browed Tori Spelling. It really was a terrible movie, but it's funny because it's supposed to be bad - whoever made this thing had to know it was terrible right from the start.

Definitely entertaining stuff.

Not really sure what we'll do tonight now that we're back in the bubbling metropolis of Vulcan - probably just loaf around, get something to eat and watch TV, which is fine by me. Mike's gotta work tomorrow and Tuesday, so I'm on my own. I'll probably just wander the town for awhile, and when I cover the town from end to end (I estimate it'll take 15 minutes) then I'll just come back to Mike's and chill...and think about how I'd normally be working on a Monday afternoon.

I might post again before I come home, but I don't know. I do have some pictures to load up - one of a beastly yak we saw today that looked like something out of that kid's book "Where the Wild Things are". It was awesome. We named him Stanley the Yak.

Well, see ya in a few days. Enjoy working on Monday suckers.

No comments: