Sunday, August 14, 2005

On the mole holes in my backyard...

"It might've been Digby. He digs - that's why he's called Digby. If he didn't dig, he'd just be Normalby." - Bucholtz.

Bucholtz: I lost my shirt. I think it's at Lambie's house.
Chris: It's probably lost there with Ian's phone.
Bucholtz: I could have a shirtphone!

"When my kid is 10 or 12 I'm just gonna wake him up at like 4 a.m. for no reason at all. When he asks why I woke him up I'm just gonna say 'It's payback, bro.'" - Financing manager at the car dealership where Melissa bought her car, talking about how his young son always wakes him up in the middle of the night.

This weekend was a quiet one.

Our crew was depleted fairly significantly. Jeremy is in Saskatchewan for family reunion, Kelsey's in Enderby for a week, Sean and Rach were MIA all weekend long, no even answering the phone. Ian worked late Friday til 11, and Chris and Jenna weren't around saturday or sunday.

Pretty weird, that's all.

So friday, me, Kyle and Tara went to Fort Pub then me and Buch's started drinking. A handful of people - Chris, Jenna, Derrick and Brad - were at Derrick's but I guess we weren't on the guestlist.

"We're coming over, we're coming over right now" was all we heard for at least 2 hours. So we drank a bit on our own, then when Chris and jenna came by, nobody felt like drinking anymore, so we went and saw Wedding Crashers.

It was a fucking awesome movie, really funny.

Saturday was good - went to Burnaby in the afternoon and helped Melissa buy a car. She got a 2005 Chevy Cobalt. Definitely a nice ride. Then we went out for dinner, and came back to Grove and drank a bit on the deck. Ian, Bre and Tara came by for awhile, but it was another low key night.

I hadn't seen Melissa in awhile so it was about damn time we hung out.

Nobody else was around again - Chris and Jenna were out getting trashed at Charlton family BBQ/Gongshow of some sort (nice 2 a.m. phonecall by the way, Chris. Funny stuff.) And Brad, Derrick and I guess Bucholtz were at a "private party" which isn't too surprising these days. Or maybe they just didn't have their phones on them. Or maybe they were shoved up a certain place and couldn't use 'em, who knows.

Just kidding, I don't care. We had a fine time Saturday night without them.

Only 4 more working days til I'm off for 19 straight. Friday morning I'm Alberta-bound again. But this time I'm only going for a few days, not 8 months like last time.

Let's hope the weather's better too.

No comments: