Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Well people, if you didn't know it before then let it be said now: Ian Forbes can drink. A lot. Really, it's fucking impressive. We started off the night with Ian saying something like "I'll get kind of drunk, but not can't-walk-on-my-own drunk because I have to work tomorrow morning. We'll save that for the weekend." Well, Ian's original drinking plan went right out the fuckin' window, because as I write this, Ian is more drunk than I've seen him in a long time - and even though he's only been 19 for a day, he's handling it like a veteran.

Tonight me, Chris, Ian, Sean, Jeremy, Mike, Danny, Amanda, Pat and Ivan went to Shark's Club to drink, and since it was his birthday and all, we felt it was our obligation to get Ian trashed. It's about midnight right now, and I've been gone from the bar for about 20 minutes. Ian is still there, drinking. When I left he'd had close to 20 shots - mostly tequila or 151, not to mention a whole lot of beer. And he's still standing, although he lost his ability to talk coherently about an hour ago. Case in point, the following conversation after Pat bought some cheesy bread so Ian could get some food in his stomach to go along with the booze:

Pat: Hey Ian, did you get some of that cheesy bread?
Ian: Oh yeah? When's that coming?
Pat: It's already been here dude. It's gone now.
Ian: Oh, shit. What was on it?
Pat: I don't know, cheese and garlic and stuff.
Ian: So it was good cheescake?

I'm supposed to pick Ian up for work tomorrow morning at 7:30. If he is there I will be impressed.

No comments: