Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Cheer up, folks!

I've been reading everyone else blogs lately, and I've also been talking to various people on MSN, as I usually do. And from the blogs I've read and the conversations I've had I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be sad/bummed/depressed/mad or just generally unhappy. And it sort of made me sad. Now, I'm not saying people should be happy all the time, but I did notice that most people seem to be sad about generally the same thing. If you don't know what that thing is, check out everyone's recent posts.

You know what? I'm in a similar position but I don't worry about it. I just let things happen. I've stopped worrying so much and now I usually just say "Fuck it." You might think that's stupid but it works, I'm not stressed or depressed (sorry, that was an unfortunate rhyme) and I'm generally in a good state of mind. And I think I'd have good reason to be depressed if I felt like it - I'm single, unemployed, and I'm slowly running out of money. Sad? Hell yes. Does it bother me? Nope.

So in a meagre attempt to make everyone feel better, because that's just the kind of nice guy that I am, here goes:

1)It could always be worse. For example: You could go out for dinner and come back to see your house engulfed in 40 foot high flames because you accidently left a lit cigarette on top of a magazine. Or maybe your brother or sister took a blowtorch to the kitchen table. So what if you're unemployed with no hope for the future, at least you aren't on fire.

2) God is not punishing you. He's punishing everybody. Don't take it personally. You might be alone, but take your head out of the oven and look at everyone else. We are too. It's not that bad.

3) . Good things will happen eventually. Why will they? Because in my experience, they always do. You just gotta trust me on that one.

4) We all like you. Despite the fact that many of us are all in different towns, we're still your friends. (Except for Mike, he hates you.) And as long as you got friends I don't think things can be too terrible. You might think they can be at times, but that just ain't the way it is.

So, in closing, enjoy your summer. Enjoy whatever town it is you are in. And try not to worry so much. Basically, be more like me. Just jokin'.

No comments: