Wednesday, January 29, 2003

"We've become the people we make fun of."

Weird last couple of days. Due to some stressful situations, Meghan and Melissa decided to undertake "Operation Evacuation" and stay away from home for a few days. So they were going to crash at my place. No problem. So its about 2:15 on Tuesday morning when it's decided that Mike will stay at my place too for the night. Again, no problem. Well, no problem for me since I have my own bed. The 3 of them however, were a little cramped for space. But a few late nights and skipped classes later everything seems to be working out.

"We are very sneaky."

Mike, Meghan, Melissa and I have been hanging out pretty much non-stop since Friday afternoon, and either we're severely sleep deprived or we're just going crazy. Case in Point: After finding a picture of a giant fish on the internet, we "secretly" put the picture as the background on every computer in the j-school classroom. For some reason we found this to be hilarious, not to mention very sneaky. No one else did. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why it was such a great idea. Lack of sleep is ruining my sense of humour.

"That guy keeps staring at me. He's freakin' me out."

The last 48 hours actually seem like one long day, and I can't really remember exactly what happened when. But I do remember the crazy guy at Denny's. So the four of us are sitting in a booth at Denny's and its about 12:30 or 1:00 in the morning by now. So we're sitting there and then I notice this guy sitting at the counter a few feet behind Mike. He's staring RIGHT at me and mumbling something - I'm no lip reader but it didn't seem to nice - and he's got this crazy scowl on his face. So I'm getting a little bit concerned, thinking that for some reason this guy doesn't like me or something. I pointed this guy out to everyone, and through a series of hand signals, winks and nods, and reflections in knives, (like I said, we're sneaky) everyone was able to see this crazy nut without making it too overtly obvious that we're looking at him. It turns out he really is crazy, and not only is he staring and talking to me, but also to the pop machine in front of him. We passed him off as some lunatic and, barely being able to contain laughter, we paid and left.

Only at Denny's do you find people talking to pop machines in the middle of the night.

Went to the Blazers game last night. Sat in the pressbox. It was pretty cool, now I just have to go down to the team's practice today and hopefully get some interviews for my story. I really hope I get the interviews today because otherwise im in trouble.

No comments: