Saturday, January 25, 2003

Interesting night last night, once we all got to the same place at the same time.

See, there were a few little mix-ups as we went hopping from one bar to the next. Me, Melissa, Meghan, Melissa Jameson, Dustin, Leigh-Ann, Tara and Matt all showed up for music trivia at Heroe's where the J-School Posse was in 4th place by the time we had to leave. Not a bad showing considering we were up against UCC music profs. After Heroe's we went downtown to Kelly O'Briens for Kris's (Melissa and Meghan's roommate) birthday, but we snuck out kind of early and headed back to Melissa's for a few more drinks. Now the mix-ups started happening. I dropped the girls off at JJ's so they could go to the greasy male strippers and then I headed back to their place to meet up with Mike so we could start drinking heavily. However, I never found Mike because he was a little late and I was a little early and I left after awhile. So Mike ended up stranded at melissa's with a sick Vanessa while I went back to JJ's to pick everyone up. But I got there and waited and waited, and eventually found out they walked to the Max instead because they thought I was just meeting them there. So after about 45 minutes, a worried phone call by Melissa to Carlos's answering machine to "Find Nick!" (which I appreciated) we all ended up at The Max, where much drinking occurred. Kris had to bow out early and head home because he could barely stand up, and the rest of us had a pretty good time dancing, drinking and hanging out.
Somewhere between 2 and 4:30 I also got an email about being hired for a new job covering the Kamloops Blazers for BC Hockey Now - which both excites and scares the hell out of me.

We stayed up til about 4:30 just sitting around talking and drinking at Melissa and Meghan's until everyone started nodding off and we decided to call it a night.

Maybe not quite as funny as last Friday, but a good night nonetheless.

Next up - Martini Saturday.

No comments: