Tuesday, February 16, 2010

:: New digs ::



Behold, our new house! Or at least a close approximation (our house is indeed brick, but is not an end-unit. This was the best picture I could find online).

We don't move until September-October though, so right now our "new house" is actually a pile of dirt, but it's still exciting. Until then, we'll play the waiting game.

It's been retardedly stressful the last month, between deciding to sell/actually selling/paperwork/offers/revised offers/revised-a-third-time offers/roof issues, etc... but it's all coming to a close now, and in a little less than a month, I'll have vacated my former home and will be temporarily shacking up in Cloverdale, where the rent is cheap (good) and we share a basement with an old, friendly orange cat whose company I've grown to quite enjoy (better) and a large, always stocked wine rack (best).

It's going to be sad to leave this place, for a number of reasons I'll get to in a later post, but for now I won't get to nostalgic for the days of yore (ie: four years ago when Kyle and I used to get blitzed at 3 p.m. on Friday afternoons, watching Simpsons re-runs while others worked.)

No, now is a time for looking forward. To bigger and better things. To new (larger) mortgages, a new address, and most importantly, a new strata-free existence where I can paint my fucking house bright god-damn yellow with blue stripes if I want to and no strata-president douchebag can tell me otherwise.

If it's OK with Christene, of course.

No comments: