Thursday, May 28, 2009

:: Funny, then.. not so much ::

Earlier today, we got an e-mail into our newsroom that an elderly woman had gone missing from a seniors home. As such, we thought it best to post the bulletin on our website. Before that decision was made, however, the person tasked with writing it called into our boss's office, where I was at the time, and asked "What do you want me to do with the missing woman?"

Without hesitation, both myself and my boss blurted out the same thing: "Find her!" Then we laughed heartily because we were both so funny, and also because we'd said the same clever thing at the same time. Juvenile humour, yes, but it was still an amusing moment.

A moment, however, that I quickly ruined.

"Maybe somebody should go check the golf course," I suggested.

Earlier in the week, we'd written a story a missing eight-month-old puppy – who had run away from its home through a door that was inadvertently left open. Yesterday, the body of that poor, cute pup was found at a local golf course, having had a run in with a coyote or some other animal.

This time nobody laughed.

No comments: