Wednesday, April 14, 2010

:: Get lost ::

Now that I live in Cloverdale, I have a very simple drive to work. Turn right off our side-street onto the main road. Drive 32 blocks south. Turn right again. Drive 24 blocks. Turn right into parking lot. 

Easy.

But today was different. Today was ridiculous.

After my initial right turn onto the main street, there was a police incident of some sort – likely an accident, but I couldn't really see – and it involved about four different cop cars and the street being blocked off. There was only one detour option – turn right into a subdivision, and wind your way around until you find another main street.

The only problem? I've never had a need, in my 5-6 weeks in Cloverdale, to drive through any of these subdivisions. At therefore, I had no idea that they were filled with so many god-damn cul-de-sacs, dead-ends, and streets that turn the wrong direction from where I wanted to go. It was freaking stupid. And as such, I spent far too long winding through quiet little suburban streets, doing three-point turns at dead-ends, and pulling u-turns until I finally found a damn street that took me where I wanted to go.

And I was 5 minutes late for work as a result. 

No comments: