Tuesday, August 04, 2009

:: The lunchroom is not sound proof ::

A few minutes ago, I was sitting at the spare computer in my office, which is right outside the lunchroom door – definitely within earshot of the clinking of glasses and rustling of newspaper pages as people eat their mid-day meals, but outside of the line of sight for those sitting at the table.

At the time of my arrival at the spare desk, there was only one person in the lunchroom – a lady in her mid-50s. After a few minutes of microwaving, finding proper utensils and gathering up a newspaper to read, I heard her sit down to eat.

Then 15 seconds later, I heard one big fart.

Now, to be fair, she did not know that I was sitting right outside the door, but still – you'd think you'd be more aware of your surroundings before you decide to let one rip (in an office, or otherwise).

The best part was when she walked out of the room a few minutes later, apparently to get the Diet Coke she had left on her desk, and shot me one of those "Oh my God how long have you been sitting there for?" looks.

And also, the fact that it was a woman and not, say, me or one of the other goofballs guys here, makes it even better.

What a day.

No comments: