Friday, June 12, 2009

:: Twizzlers, hormones and sad songs by Bryan Adams ::

Kristyl's last day at work was yesterday, and she is now on maternity leave for an entire year. And, while it sucks that I will now have to go on coffee runs on my own for the next 12 months, I'm pretty sure it was time for her to go. Her hormones were getting the best of her, to say the least.

Case in point: Last Friday at the movies, for opening night of The Hangover (which is awesome, by the way)

Christene and I walk into Colossus and see Kristyl and Jason. Kristyl looks a little rattled. Naturally, we ask why. Apparently, on the five-minute drive from their house to the theatre, she cried twice.

Once because she saw a mom walking on the sidewalk with her young daughter, and a second time when a particularly moving Bryan Adams song came on the radio. I'm not even kidding.

Then, once we're seated, this....

Kristyl: Jason, if you're going to get snacks can you get me some Twizzlers?
Jason: Uggh, I don't wanna pay six bucks for one tiny pack of Twizzlers. I asked you if you wanted to bring anything before we got here, and you said no.
Kristyl: I'M CARRYING YOUR GOD-DAMN CHILD, THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS BUY ME SOME FUCKING TWIZZLERS!

Whoa. (To be fair, the outburst was sort of "fake-rage", but still...jesus christ.)

Jason: Fine, I'll get you some Twizzlers!
Kristyl: Or if there's something better, get that instead.
Jason: Well what do you consider better?
Kristyl: Well, if there's chocolate raisins...
Jason: It's a movie theatre – of course there's going to be chocolate raisins. Which one do you want?
Kristyl: Twizzlers then.

Then, after 10 minutes in line, Jason returns with Twizzlers for his lovely wife, and some popcorn, too.

Kristyl: You know, Nibs would've gone a lot better with popcorn.
Jason (looking at Christene and I): You've gotta be fucking kidding me. This is what I live with every day.

No comments: