Wednesday, December 24, 2008

:: Missing Christmas ::

An Abbotsford basketball team was trapped in San Francisco for 3 days, and very nearly had to spend Christmas at the San Fran International Airport Duty Free Shoppe.

Kelsey missed her connecting flight to Kelowna, which actually worked out fine for her, but likely fucked a number of other people, who then couldn't get another flight until after Christmas.

54,000 people were stranded at Chicago's O'Hare Airport as of last night.

And then, these are the Facebook statuses of people I know:

Amanda S. is really upset we had to turn around because of the frickin' snow. Sorry Mom and Dad :( (For the record, this morning her name said "... is so excited to spend Christmas with her family)"

T. is spending Xmas snowed in with Captain Morgan

J. is hoping I can somehow make it through the snow to get home in time

Alyssa is missing out on everything today because she's trapped

Kristine is stuck at home

Sean is snowed in

Jenna is snowed in and cold and trying to get her car from out of the middle of the street

C. missed her flight

Still lovin' that white stuff, folks?

Oh, and when I used to glance out my balcony door, I used to be able to see the townhouses across the road. Now, I see this:


For the record, although I've complained about the snow a lot this week, and got my car stuck more than few times, which then leads to a new personal record for how many times I can yell "Fuck!" in a 10 minute span, I don't mind the snow so much today because a) It kept me home from work, and b) I don't have to really drive anywhere for the next 3 days.

I just think it's sad that it's fucked up so many people's Christmases so far.

No comments: