Tuesday, April 03, 2007

:: A tough-to-top Tuesday ::

I'll edit and add to this post later on today with my thoughts on work, Major League Baseball's Opening Day, and a funny story I heard about a goose, but for now, know this: My arch nemesis assistant-boss has abruptly quit (and hours later, in a hilarious twist, is likely wishing she hadn't), leaving me to continue on further with my current Monday-to-Friday shift, rather than shift back to Sundays, as was supposed to happen this week. Also, it leaves me to share second-in-command duties with two people I actually like, and respect. It also means a permanent gig as second-in-charge is up for grabs, which I may decide to jump on. We'll see.

Sorry to leave you with such cliff-hangers (and admit it, you're waiting breathlessly), but I just figured I'd go a little Prison Break on y'all. Seriously, do they not have the best/worst cliffhangers in TV history? Other than that summer I spent waiting to see who shot Mr. Burns, I can't recall ones on par with PB.

But that's the scoop, basically. Got a delicious free lunch today. Saw one co-worker's tyrannical reign of terror come to a sudden end. Sun is shining.

To quote Jasper from The Simpsons:

"What a time to be alive."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, while Romanyshyn is clearly more motivated by poetic insight than by scientific explanation, this certainly doesn preclude thoroughness and rigour in his thinking. ghd straighteners Prada brand has regularly been high-end, luxury, alluring and famous, seeing that mark of positioned and wealth,In . brand develop to become wealthy customer favorite of high contemporary society, has been favored in the business community, even even though however stylish trend. the north face outlet Though I readily admit physical gender and sexuality are two distinct (if related) concepts, I think the impetus of parents and societies at large to advertise genders in infancy indicates our eagerness to assign gender roles, which is generally limited to patriarchal heterosexual behavior that inevitably subjugates homosexuals and women. Today it is common for parents slap bows around their bald daughter head, girlie pink dresses, and (fake) heels to ensure no one mistakes her for a boy. http://www.besthairstraightenersx.com/#31543 As a Catholic, this last one has been especially entertaining. If I was alive in the 1500 I probably detest what the Catholic Church had become, too. ugg boots Tired of direct jobs the Commission and a lot of empty promises (Oceanside) New Client Maintenance position (San Diego, CA) IMG ** Drug / Medicine SALE . City of San Diego jobs and employment information San Diego, CA 92101 Phone:? (619) 236-6400 Fax .:.