Saturday, March 10, 2007

:: Kelsey's Birthday ::

"If this T.V. had arms it would strangle itself." - Scott, not overly impressed with Kelsey's below average-sized television.

"Nick, we need to go on a hunt - and not just any hunt, a slut hunt." - Ian, apparently trying to help me meet some drunk girls, of which there were plenty at the Foggy Dew.

"Do you have a cock? No? Hi, my name is Scott." - Scott, on standards when trying to pick up girls.

and a few old quotes, from weekends past...

"I'm just gonna get messed up and fuck bitches." - Bucholtz, on his ambitions while in Mexico.

"Foiled in my own web of suck..Dammit!" - Ian, absolutely shitfaced to the point of not being able to walk. I have no idea what he's talking about.

So yesterday was Kelsey's birthday, which consisted of some serious pre-drinking, followed by more pre-drinking and pizza, and then the Foggy Dew pub.

By the time we rolled into Kelsey's, some of us - me, Ian, and Sean - had already downed about five or so beers, and after a few periods of the Canucks game, I was pretty well on top of my game, which slowed a bit once we got to the pub, but not by too much.

Never having been to the Dew before, I thought it was pretty cool - I like Irish pubs to begin with, but this one's pretty damn nice. The kind of place I wish we had in Langley, but alas, we're stuck with The Vanilla Room, The Rendezvous and Citrus/8 Seconds/Liquid/China Beach.

Like most nights - and birthday's specifically - Friday offered numerous highlights, from Rachel's stalker and $10.25 Baileys, to Pat's triumphant-but-brief return, to some drunk dude in the bathroom, who didn't have any idea where he was ("I'm where? In fucking Coquitlam??! FUCK!")

All in all, a pretty quality night. No hangover either, unlike the birthday girl.

Sucker. Happy Birthday though.

No comments: