Sunday, January 21, 2007

:: Football, gambling, college basketball, crying, supermodels ::

"Sports, sports, sports, sports, sports! Bart gets to ride in the front seat today because he's a good guy at sports!"

Well, I tried to go buy a SportsAction ticket just now, but it said my ticket was invalid, or some such nonsense. Must be too close to gametime or something, I'm not sure.

But, just to (attempt to) prove that I know a lil bit about sports, I shall document my picks here. Later, we can see if I would've won $53 on my $5 ticket.

Saints to beat the Bears
Colts and Patriots to tie (a game within 3 points, for you non-gamblers)

And then, just for shits and giggles, U. of Pittsburgh to beat Marquette in college hoops.

And for the record, even though I picked a tie game between the Colts/Pats, it's going to be Colts by 3 on a last-second Adam Vinateri field-goal. And then New England is going to wish they never let him get away. And then Tom Brady might cry. (but he'll be crying into the arms of supermodel Giselle Bundchen, so he'll be OK.)

Go Colts! Go Saints! Go..University of Pittsburgh? Sure, why not.

*In-game edit: Anyone reading this while the Saints/Bears game is on, I implore you to listen to a few minutes of this game on TEAM 1040 radio. The "Prism Radio Network" is broadcasting the game, and I'm fairly certain that the colour man is Jesse "The Body" Ventura. If not him, then an old man who ate a pack of unfiltered cigarettes for breakfast.

No comments: