Wednesday, January 10, 2007

And Kevin Bieksa vaults into second place among my favourite current Canucks (T.L is #1, obviously)...

During a guest spot on The Fox this morning, on my drive into work, Bieksa explains why he missed his shootout attempt during the game last week against Dallas: (keep in mind, I'm paraphrasing here)

"I had no idea I was going to shoot. I was just sitting on the bench with the guys, and we were putting our rally caps on, so I had my helmet on backwards. Then they told me I had to shoot, so I jump off the bench, and I was rushing to flip my helmet around and snap up the chinstrap and I didn't have much time to think, and I ended up shooting it off (the goalie's) shoulder. I think I've probably fallen to the bottom of the list, now."

Then, when asked if he planned on using the three-day all-star break to spend some quality time with his wife, or his family, he said he wasn't doing anything of the sort.

Instead he's flying to Texas to hang out with his buddy who plays for the Amarillo Gorillas of the Central Hockey League.

What a guy.

No comments: