Tuesday, October 24, 2006

:: A long awaited post about nothing in particular ::

I was at work last week when I walked next door to Shoppers Drug Mart to buy something to drink, and in the case next to the Diet Coke I eventually bought, was a 4-pack of dark bottles, labelled Coca-Cola Blak.

First off, let me say to the good folks at Coca-Cola Inc., leaving out the 'c' in black? Gold. Nothing says Marketing Genius like a mispelled word. Which Harvard-grad thought up that beauty?

But let's get down to what this drink actually is. It's Coke. And coffee. I'm not kidding. That could be, possibly, the grossest combo drink since Jones Soda came out with those disgusting sounding Holiday-flavoured drinks.

But at least they did it as a joke or a novelty. They didn't actually expect people to drink the shit.

And aside from the fact that this new Coke probably tastes like the bottom of a shoe, what kind of asshole decides it's smart to toss that much caffeine into something? Wasn't coffee addictive enough in the first place?

The website says it's cola with "a coffee essence." What's next? Sprite, with essence of Extascy? Maybe Tobbacolate is coming in time for the holidays. And be sure to watch out for their newest flavour, Peaches and Crack.

Fucking ridiculous. End rant.

And now for a completely unrelated quote from Bucholtz...on the frequency of jerking off.

"I've had a few double-digit days in my time."

Wow.

And speaking of ridiculous, last Friday we went to Kelsey's for a shaker. Usual crowd. Usual debauchery. Worse-than-usual hangover.

I slept in til 11:30, then went home and slept again til 3:30. Ugly, ugly day.

There were many of us who were just gongshowed, not the least of which was yours truly. Fuck I was mangled. In my defence though, we did put the drinking pants on early, watching TV at my place. And the Canucks game at Sammy J's. And then at Kelsey's. Ouch.

I don't remember the final few hours of the night, nor the ride to my parents house, or what happened when I got there - although according to Amanda I fell once or twice. Not surprised. Not at all. Good thing she was driving my car and not me. She was even nice enough to return it promptly the next morning, although by then I was still barely in driving condition.

It was a looong day.

No comments: