Friday, December 10, 2004

:: BEAR-LY BLOGGING ::

Mike and I have spent far too much time the last two days talking about bears. It's quite ridiculous.
It started on my tagboard (to left)...

Random jerk: Your comedy is unBEARable.
Mike: My comedy is of the highest koala-ity.
Mike: In fact, you might say it's very depandable.
Mike: the ensuing laughter usually occurs after a slight paws.
Mike: Okay, I need to stop. This is getting rather grizzly.
Mike: These puns won't win me any po-polar-ity contests.
Mike: ..Though they might put an appreciative reader into kodiak arrest.
Mike: Did you know they made Jellystone Park into a golf course? Last week I shot a double Yogi.
Mike: What colour did the bear paint his house? Baloo.

Then I told Jeremy to "Go to Hell."

Mike: Hey, I bet it's pretty Smokey there.

Then the next-day emails...
Mike: OK I get to work today and pick up this week's paper (ours), and I look at the picture teasers...one is a teddy bear with the cutline "Can you bear it?"


Then I went into a blurb about the pissing bear, Hope, and how Darla "The Bleeder" from j-school works at my company's paper in Hope (and takes horrible pictures).


nick: how about that segway between bears and Darla? It was tough, but I bear-ly made it work.
mike: It was so downright awful you won't get a visit from Santa Claws this year.
nick: Dammit, I was going to use Santa claws in my next email. What'd you have to go and do that fur?
nick: Mike, you've bruined my day.

--------
In other news, last night we did our annual Christmas Cookie Icing Night, which we've been doing since we were about 5. We all missed out last year for the first time ever because Ian was in Prince George and I was in Peace River. This year was fun, and culminated with Ian eating a cookie with 4 inches of icing on it - and almost puking - and then getting the remains of the heavily-iced cookie shoved in his face and up his nose when Jeremy surprised him. Jer also ended up covered in icing - and had half a cookie stuck to his face too.

"Dammit, this poor cookie only has one chance at life and I went and bunged it up." - Me, after a poorly iced gingerbread man.


No comments: