Thursday, July 29, 2004

:: Long(er) weekend ::
 
Well, it's almost Friday, which means it's almost the long weekend, and after the stressful (to the point of ridiculousness) week I've had it can't come soon enough. Not that we're doing anything super great, mind you. In a rare occurence, I've managed to catch a break too - I get Tuesday off, making my long weekend longer than most other people's. The stars must be aligned or the God's must be smiling or something, because I haven't had a day off work, or a real holiday or any kind, in about 2 years. Not that this is a real holiday either, but 4 days off is still better than 3.
 
We were going to go camping in Kelowna, or somewhere cool, but we didn't get our shit together on time. Then we were planning on going up to Whistler to hang with Jer for awhile, but now he's decided to come home for two days this weekend instead (Nice goin' Jer, ya asshole, ruining our plans! jus' kidding.) So now, on Thursday at 11 o'clock we've got to what I'll tentitively call Plan E, or maybe we're at F now, I'm not sure.
 
Either way, this plan insists going out to Agassiz/Harrison Hot Springs and staying at the only place that (for now) still have vacancy - a big empty field behind some motel, pretty much right in town. It's still a campsite, and we'll still have beer, so I'm sure it'll be fun. Either way, it sure beats working.
 

No comments: