Sunday, May 16, 2004

:: Who needs sleep? ::

"Tonight has 'Mess' written all over it." - Ian

"Hey Nick, guess how many beers I've had? I had seven, then four...and seven and four is 62...so I've had 74 beers." - Gorski, completely hammered, obviously. (wouldn't you be after 74 beers? or 62? or 11?)

Wow, this weekend blew by.

But I gotta tell ya, it's weekends like this that make me happy to be back home. I got off work on Friday at 3:30 - came home and took a quick nap, which would prove to be the most sleep I'd get all weekend, then I went out with Doug, Christine, Chad and Erica to Las Margaritas, a wicked Mexican restaurant in downtown Vancouver. We had to wait about 45 minutes for a table, but if there's a better place to blow $40 on margaritas and burritos I'd like to see it.

Then I finished off the night by hitting up Slapshots (of course) for a beer with Jeremy and then some hacky-sack in the parking lot with the rest of the crew. Well, some of them.

I got home late but didn't even get to sleep in, as the Cannons had a 10:40 game. So we had to get ourselves organized, search out a beer store that still actually had beer, and head over. We also had a game at 4:00 so In between games we all went out for lunch and then had some pre-game batting practice, except for certain unnamed lazy people who just slept on the grass all game instead of trying to improve. God knows it couldn't hurt.

Anyways, on the downside, the Cannons lost both games - we got SMOKED in the first one. We played awful. And there was NO hustle, which pissed most of us off. Things were better in game 2 but we still lost.

After that game we hit Sean's house for a team BBQ that turned into one hell of a little shaker, including Sean's dad drunkenly singing old navy songs and his step-mom introducing her friend Fiona to us about 30 times. She was also a little inebriated.

Sunday, instead of sleeping of the last night's drinking, I got up at 7:00 to head to the hills around Chilliwack Lake for some ATVing with Doug and company. It was awesome. That was the first time I'd seen Doug's new ATV, and the first time I'd driven one at all. It was wicked. Also we saw a bear - it darted out in front of Doug as he barelled down some logging road going about 75 km/h. We were right behind him in the truck, doing a little unintentional 4X4ing of our own - some of those logging roads are deadly - not to mention narrow. Especially for an old Ford F350 - We only broke one hubcap though.

So that was my busy weekend. It was a lot of fun, but now i'm tired. I've gotta work tomorrow though, then we have another ball game. We'd better not lose 3 in a row.

No comments: