Thursday, March 17, 2011

:: Moving Day ::

Today is the dreaded day after my parents moved into their new townhouse (which is really, really nice, while we're on the subject). And as is the case on Day 2 of the move, it's the day when things start to get delivered and different companies start coming by – maybe you ordered a new couch, maybe your cable needs hooking up, or the builders are coming by to fix one little thing.

Or in the case of my parents, maybe all at once. Through a miraculous feat of scheduling, it's been a parade through their new place this morning.

I just had this text-message conversation with my mom:

Mom: All our deliveries are coming fast and furious! It's crazy in there! (Moms love exclamation points!)
Me: Oh really? What's come today?
Mom: Everything – Telus, Sears, EuroRite Cabinets, the people to install the vacuum... it's crazy.
Me: Jesus Christ!
Mom: No, he comes on Sunday.

My mother, ladies and gentlemen!

No comments: