Wednesday, February 14, 2007

:: Something for the lovers ::

Well folks, you knew this was coming. My annual "Valentine's Day is a load of crap" post. Rather than write 1,500 words extolling the sucktitude of this Hallmark holiday that forces people to spend excessive money to prove their love to somebody else, I'll just leave you with a couple quotes.

"Love has been done to death." - Tragically Hip's Gord Downie, on why he refused, for years, to write songs about love.

"I got Bre flowers and all that shit. Stupid girls - flowers die anyway. I should get her a fence, that'd last a lot longer." - Ian, this time last year.

Also, go on over to jasonmulgrew.com (link at left) for a Valentine's Day story that is sure to warm the cockles of your heart (or maybe the sub-cockle area, I'm not sure). I'd link directly to it, but I'm on a crappy Mac at work, and it's making life difficult for me. I'll link it when I get home.

Mid-day edit: Go read this. It sums up my feelings on Valentine's Day nearly to a T. I doubt very much that I'm alone on this either.

No comments: