Thursday, August 24, 2006

:: Home Field Advantage ::

I've been in my new place about a month or so now, maybe a little longer, and I realized that I'm only partially taking advantage of the new opportunities borne from living on my own again.

I'm taking advantage of some, no doubt about it - I walk around naked whenever I feel like it, without worrying that somebody else will be home; I can buy whatever groceries I want to, and unlike when I was at home with my parents, I can cook whatever I want to for dinner. Also, not that I couldn't at home, but I pretty much come and go as I please, without really worrying when I'm home for dinner. If I don't eat til 8:30 now, that's OK.

On that same note, however, I haven't used that newfound power to do things like eat ice cream for dinner, or decent for lunch I should drink a 6-pack of Bud and eat half a pound of gummy bears.

I have not, as a matter of fact, got drunk once in my new pad. Not once in 5 weeks which, quite frankly, is downright shameful.

Also, I now live 5 blocks away from 7-Eleven, yet I've only made a grand total or two visits - despite a rash of new kick-ass slurpee flavours.

So despite my lack of drinking, slurpees, and ice cream, there's also the sad fact that I've yet to use my new bachelor pad for any bachelor-type escapades. Essentially, the joint isn't properly broken in yet, which is sad, since the general consensus is that, as Rachel said, "this place would definitely woo some chicks."

I better get my shit together.

Might as well finish off with a few old quotes too, that I've had kickin' around for some time...

the first day of rafting, when we busted out the water gun...
Me: So, who we gonna spray with it first?
Ian: Well, we'll see what colour shirts Jenna and Rachel are wearing, and we'll go from there.

"I'd just like to be on the right side of a court appearance for once." - Sean, excited about jury duty.

"Hey, I've never had an STD in my life! That's because I do it in the butt." - Bucholtz (who else?)

"Love is ass sex on Sunday." - Bucholtz again

No comments: