Sunday, September 21, 2003

:: A Birthday, A Wedding and a Dicey Drive Home ::

"I'm the president of the Nick Fan club right now." - Spigs

I can't believe I survived the weekend. As with most weekends, this one started on Friday. And in true j-school fashion, it started early. We started drinking at around 4 o'clock and then headed to Montana's for dinner around 5 - there was nine of us - me, Melissa, Meghan, Mark, Silv, John, Nathan, Al and Tara.

Dinner was pretty good - and Melissa got to fulfill what must've been a lifelong dream of wearing a moose antler hat. She didn't look that impressed, but it was a damn classy look, I won't lie to ya.

After dinner we went back to Meghan and Melissa's and drank for awhile before hitting the bars - well, it turned out to be one bar because the damn River's lineup was incredibly huge and slow. And by slow I mean completely stopped.

Also, around the time of the bar hopping Mike showed up, fresh off a bus from Vancouver with nothing but the clothes on his back and a bottle of gin and O.J. Mike, I applaud your determination to come and drink - very impressive.

Over the course of the night, and the ensuing drive home I learned the following things:

1. Regardless of whether Mike is in town or far away, he still manages to be a pain in the ass.
2. Meghan is an excellent cake decorator
3. I am the greatest, quickest driver of highway #5 that ever lived (2hrs 29mins from Kamloops to Langley)
4. Thanks to Hunter's course planning, Melissa now has a 2 hour block everyday of "Fisting herself Home" whatever that means.

So Melissa's birthday was a good one, but I must admit, I didn't get as drunk there as I did at my cousin Tracy's wedding. Must have something to do with the open bar concept. Or maybe not, it's just a thought. The wedding was very nice, as weddings go. And the reception was great. Me,Chris and my cousin Jen's boyfriend Dave, and this other guy Daniel were enlisted to help my mom set up some decorations at the reception, which was no problem because it only took about 15 minutes. Then we spent the next hour and a half before the party started drinking beer on the balcony watching everyone get their pictures taken down below us.

Because of that, we were a few rounds ahead of the rest of the party-goers, and we continued that trend right until 1 o'clock, despite Dave's claims that he only had "Two drinks, thats it."

So now the bride and groom are off to California for two weeks, and I'm off now to watch football, as hungover as I am.

No comments: